Also well known by the name of Win2K3, Windows Server 2003 is a server operating system which was produced by Microsoft, on 24 April 2003. It is much more scalable and ensures to give a far better performance in comparison with its predecessor, Windows 2000. The truth is, since the introduction of its, some versions have been brought into the industry. The hottest you’re Windows server 2008, introduced on four February 2008.
With Microsoft Windows server 2003 installed on your system, you can find several benefits that may be availed:
• Aiming to increase the default safety measures, Win2K3 disables many services by default and in addition has a built-in firewall.
• It offers Internet Information Services (IIS) v6.0, which can be known to be a significantly improved version of IIS.
• There’s a significant enhancement in Message Queuing system.
• The person himself can deal with his server now. Win2K3 can bring the task management administrative tool that allows an administrator to select the performance he wants the server should provide him with.
• With a drastic enhancement in the Active directory, it’s now easy to run a lot of instances of the directory server. Also the end user may now deactivate courses from the scheme.
• The Group policy handling system and administration policies have been enhanced with Win2K3.
• For the lost paperwork, Microsoft Windows server 2003 presents a backup device which will help restoring the exact same.
• It’s a longer disk management, which allows to back up from shadows of files, means when they are wide open or perhaps in use.
• Another initiative of Microsoft Windows 2003 is the introduction of better scripting and command line tools, which makes it possible for to bring a complete command shell to another version of Windows.
• Last but not the very least it supports a hardware-based “watchdog timer”. When the system doesn’t act in response with a certain time period, at that time this timer restarts the server.
For several kinds of other activities and organizations, Windows Server 2003 is available in several editions. In order to meet the targets of different sizes, you are able to opt among different categories. However, all these versions of Windows Server 2003 are in a position of getting attached to the printers and sharing files with other systems. It also works as an application server, horde note queues, have email services, act as an X.509 certification server, authenticate users, work streaming press, offer LDAP directory services, as well as perform other server oriented functions.
Among the latest and crucial services that are offered with the assembly of Microsoft Windows Server 2003 will be the Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP) which is generally known as tar pitting feature. Without Win2K3, this function is disabled by default. It is among the best features, as it is inserted to purposely create delays into certain SMTP communications which are related to spam or some other unwanted traffic. There are particular communications, that in order to become more effective, generates a high quantity of legitimate traffic and this could be slowed down by Tar pitting feature only.